Rally-Obedience Novice (RN):
Rally-Obedience Novice builds off of skills learned in the Rally-Obedience Intro and Beginner Obedience Level 2 courses. This course helps finesse more complicated moves like the "sidestep right" and "Halt left turn forward", as well as help the dog and handler build a foundation for trial. The goal of this course is to get you running courses with your dog so you can be competition ready.
Rally Novice trials are conducted on leash. A 4 to 6 foot leash is required for this class. Bring your own leash or, if you wish, leather leashes will be available for purchase at the class. In this class, a crate is also useful.
- Build mastery of the Novice signs (CKC)
- Develop handling skills and working towards trialing
- Develop approaches for specific signs
- Get training tips on time reduction and execution of moves
- Motivate your dog for optimal performance
Prerequisite: Completion of Rally-Obedience Intro training with the Swansea Dog Obedience Club or equivalent. Dog and handler should be working on the novice signs and be familiar with running courses.